WA State Farm Bureau PAC Endorsements:
- US Senate: Susan Hutchison
- US House, Dist. 1: Jeffrey Beeler
- WA State Senate, 42nd Dist: Doug Ericksen
- WA State House, 42nd Dist. Pos. 1: Luanne Van Werven
- WA State House, 42nd Dist. Pos. 2: Vincent Buys
- WA State House, 40th Dist. Pos. 1: Michael Petrish
- Whatcom County Council, At Large: Mike Peetoom
- Court of Appeals Div. 1, District 3: Tom Seguine
- I-1631: WFB urges a NO vote on creating a carbon tax.
- I-1634: WFB urges a YES vote to keep groceries affordable.
The Whatcom Conservation District Board of Supervisors is having an election where all Whatcom County voters are eligible to vote. The catch is that unlike our normal elections which are run out the Whatcom County Auditor’s office, this election is run out of the Whatcom Conservation District office and you must request an absentee ballot or vote in person on election day, March 13, 2018, at the Conservation District office.
Because this elected position impacts agriculture in Whatcom County, we strongly encourage you to request a ballot to vote. You may do this by calling 360-526- 2381 ext 101 or visiting whatcomcd.org/board-elections. The deadline for requesting a ballot is 4:00 pm tomorrow, the 7th of February.
The Washington State Farm Bureau PAC has endorsed Larry Helm for this position. Larry is a farmer here in Whatcom County and has served on this board previously. He is an excellent fit for this position. To learn more about Larry Helm visit his campaign page at facebook.com/LarryHelm4ConservationDistrict/
If you have not already done so, please request a ballot by tomorrow afternoon. It is crucial for Agriculture to continue to have Larry Helm on this board.